Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 16 April 2016

Healsville Sanctuary - fat wombats

Today I picked up Claire and her housemate Alison who are Chinese exchange students. They wanted to come on our CGF outing to Healsville Sanctuary. The weather was superb and as always I enjoyed patting the animals and watching the bird show ^^




I was too scared of the emu last time, but today I patted it's strange fluffy head.
We watched the platypus show and I was glad that Phobe came too :D 



This is the tawny frogmouth owl, I'm pretty sure Brandon had one in his garden a while back...
 

Then my favourite part of the day was meeting this adorable fat baby wombat.



The keeper brought her wrapped in a blanket and when she revealed it, it was the cutest thing ever. 


The kid in the background looks like she's ready to kidnap it.


The keeper let it run around in the little box. Joy and Phil are peeking over the edge


Man I really wanted to cuddle it...


Then had an awesome picnic which in true Asian style was full of hot noodles and curry. Claire laid out her English kid picnic rug. I was trying to impersonate the stone cartoon.



After a full belly we walked around the zoo for a while more and I delighted in this lazy fat wombat.
He looks like he is having the time of his life hahaha

Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps: 
Fire, and hail; 
snow, and vapours;
 stormy wind fulfilling his word:
 Mountains and all hills;
fruitful trees, and all cedars:
Beasts, and all cattle;
creeping things, and flying fowl:
Kings of the earth, and all people;
 princes, and all judges of the earth:
Both young men, and maidens;
old men, and children:
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent;
his glory is above the earth and heaven.

Psalm 148: 7 - 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.