Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 19 March 2016

Cake Expo

Today I went out with the church girls to the Cake Expo!! I was really excited and organized this event with whoever was free to come :) I bought cheap groupon tickets so it was totally worth it :D! 


Esther, Ellen and Grace came as well but they went home early. 


It was at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds. It's interesting how I remember the showgrounds being massive as a child, but now as an adult everything looks less grand. Anyway I met up with Esther and Claire first and we entered the stalls. Then the rest of the people kind of rocked up whenever they could hahaha. There were demonstrations from one of the contestants from Masterchef ♥ 
She was teaching us a lot of tips and tricks, so I sat down with Esther and we got to taste the cake!
It was so good T-T!





There were heaps of stalls selling lots of baking stuff, a section for desserts and tasting and then the competition cake contest :)

I really wanted this piping set which automatically pipes flowers with butter icing. But I decided against it hahaha. There were heaps of butter icing flavours to taste test, it was awesome. 


Grace, Esther and I bought earrings instead. Ah, it was so good coming with others because then we get discounts >:] 

These are the pictures from the food area:



Cupcakes section:







Whoopie pies:


We all split to buy desserts we liked and gathered together at a table. I bought these greek donuts and there was oreo cake and peanut butter cake. The cakes were really good, very moist and delicious.



Esther bought these meringue bombs and man they were so good! Claire bought us some whoopie pies. So good, so damn good. 



After all that cake, we were definitely on a massive sugar high. I've never seen Grace so energetic before haha, it was great ^^
I bought some macarons from this independent baker called Chocolette Pastisserie. She was recommended by one of the stall staff as having the best macarons in town. And my gosh, they literally were the best macarons I've ever tasted. She grows her own produce from her BACKYARD and puts it into her macarons. I bought a box home because I could not go past her durian macarons!

I brought them home and left them on the table which was the biggest mistake. From my box of six, three of them were durian macarons, and my dad ate two of them before I even knew it. I was devastated. Out of all the flavours, he chose the ones I was saving the most. My dad felt so bad afterwards that he offered to buy them from Maccas. I was like...it's not the same TT_TT

Anyway, more random cake photos. I liked this cute cactus cake. 


There was a very funny store that sold novelty cakes. For example, this is a shit-a-cake


I bought this jar of Unicorn poop, which was colourful meringues. It was my gift for Jess, whose birthday dinner I was going to attend at night. 


I entered this competition on Instagram, but in the end I didn't win anything :( 

After my purchases, I finally headed to the competition tables to admire and vote. The cakes were in four categories according to tier height. There was first, second and third tiers and a novelty category. I shall now spam these amazing cake photos. 



This cake is one of my favourites. The chocolate flowers were so amazing. 



I took some wedding cake photos to show some of my friends who are currently engaged. 



This one was one of my favourites. The amount of detail was incredible!


These are the novelty cakes. There were quite a few TV show themed cakes. 




and succulents hahaha


and this freaking amazing cupcake cartoon birds display. 


After the expo we met up with Tim who went to the neighbouring coffee expo. Then we all went for lunch at a burger place. Later that night I met up with some of the mount people to celebrate Jess and Kat's birthday :) 

It was an awesome day of exploring food which is one of my favourite things to do. I loved admiring people's creativity and skills and enjoyed all the sweet treats. People are amazing and it was fun to spend the day with everyone ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.