Today Sherry and I decided to go to Healsville Sanctuary. I've never been before and finally got the opportunity to go. When we were lining up I knocked into my pastor and his family. It was a pleasant surprise :)
Healsville is famous for their bird show, and it was AMAZING! I didn't know humans could train birds so well. Sherry and I were sitting near the front/middle so the birds flew directly over and across us.
We walked everywhere and saw the platypus show as well. Platypuses are SO CUTE! The keepers played with the platypus like a little puppy. I never knew they were so playful and like belly rubs.
Here is a little mouse inside the nocturnal animal area.
And...an emu which didn't seem to be scared of humans. I felt like the fence was just there for decoration because I swear that emu could have just leaped over it if it wanted to. Sometimes my imagination runs a little wild so I kept thinking it was going to lean over and peck my eyes out.
I managed to take a quick snap before running away.
I managed to take a quick snap before running away.
After Healsville I wanted to go to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. It turned out to be the best decision ever because there was free chocolate samples and heaps of delicious food.
Seeing window displays of chocolate truffles excites me so much. I bought a few home for my fam.
Then Sherry and I lined up for ice-cream. They had some interesting flavours like pancake, but I just went for my all-time favourite: Mint Choc. Sherry got strawberry and they were both damn delicious. I need to come back here in the summer to eat the ice cream again.
The weather was pretty cold today, but that's no excuse for ice cream. Sherry shamelessly took out her selfie stick and took some photos. Ah well...at least it captures the nice view we had.
Down the hill there was an exhibition called "Hop for Hope". Artists decorated these kangaroo sculptures to raise awareness and money for protection of children suffering domestic violence.
This one was my favourite and I'm pretty sure it was created by a 17 year old girl. Such talent!
Our little adventure ended on a pretty high note. It was great day of learning new things about God's creatures, eating great food and relaxing with awesome company and sunshine. The Hop for Hope also reminded me of the very serious problem of domestic violence. Too many homes are built without Christ as the foundation of love. I believe we see so many broken homes where husbands abuse their wives, wives disrespect their husbands, children disobey their parents and parents neglect their children because we have forgotten that our relationships should be Christ-centered. We forget that we can only truly love other people when we understand God's love for us.
"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..." Psalm 127:1












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.