Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Joey's 21st and bubble soccer

Today we celebrated Joey's birthday in St Kilda Botanical Gardens :)
The weather was great though Wynne and I got a bit lost on our way there. I think I should really invest in a GPS. I usually rely on my phone, but lately it's been frustratingly wrong. 
It always tells me to turn into streets that have no right turn and etc. 

Anyway leading up to Joey's birthday she requested for handmade gifts.  So I decided to make a promise jar and a photo collage. 
I was inspired by some browsing on pinterest. 

This is my promise jar. I folded these little envelopes out of different patterned papers and filled them with a bible verse of encouragement. Ever since I received origami paper for Christmas, my interest in origami has been rekindled. 


I wrote down verses which I have been encouraged by during my own sad and disappointing times in life. It's amazing how many times God has revealed himself to me with perfect timing and words of comfort. I cannot explain it but it's these seemingly small yet powerful encounters with God that tells me so strongly that there is a god in this world and that He actually cares for my personal needs. Sometimes I think, how can it be that God would even take interest in me? Yet He tells us that He takes more than just an interest, He loves us unconditionally.  

Here's a step-by-step of how I made the envelopes:







I could have written things like 'smile!' but to me it's more important to be reminded of God's love and presence with you during the hard times. Forceful smiles through hardship isn't real strength. God doesn't promise us that the Christian life is instantly rich and happy. If that were so then everybody would be a Christian haha. What God promises is help and peace through those hard times and above all hope in something better than what this miserable world has to offer. Our hope is found in Jesus, where one day He promises to wipe away all our tears and suffering.  

Sometimes people only call out to God in a moment of crisis and desperation and they try to make a deal with God that if he instantly cures their problem then they will believe.  To me this almost sounds like a demand towards God, yet who are we but sinful people to demand something from a holy god? 

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:2 KJV

If our faith was built upon what God could do for us then who are we really serving? 

Before even praying to God, we must recognize the sins we've committed first and ask for forgiveness through Jesus' blood. Otherwise God will not hear our requests.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"
Galatians 6:7

 To we who believe in God, we rest assured through all life's circumstances that God really is there for us. He's promised us in the bible through numerous verses and through the lives of many real people. But above all it is impossible for God to lie because He is holy, and I have found that true all my life. 

"...So that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us." Hebrews 6:18 ESV

Continuing on, here's the photo collage:



 In the morning I made a nutella bread tear and share. I gotta use up the yeast before it expires!!
I was really happy with the results :)

At Joey's birthday we had a picnic and just played some frisbee and some card games. It was a beautiful day, I was already happy just being outdoors. 

At 3pm I had to leave to go to bubble soccer with my youth group.  It was on the other side of the town and I had to pick up my friend. 
I reckon everyone should try bubble soccer at least once! It was sooooo fun, I love it so much!
I think was way too excited that I spent all my energy knocking people over in the first round that I was pooped after. 



I managed to persuade some mount peeps to join me :P 


Twas a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.