Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Point Nepean National Park


On Anzac Day my church had an outing to Point Nepean National Park.
I got picked up by and Uncle and Aunty a bit too early, so we all had a second breakfast in Springvale.
We were still the first ones there so we explored the Quarantine station. I borrowed a bike to ride around by myself while waiting. It felt so good to ride around with the view of the ocean and even though it was a bit chilly it was sooo refreshing!

When the others arrived we had a picnic and we played some soccer with the kids. After that we went for a walk from Gunner's cottage to Fort Nepean.
I wanted to hire a bike but it was too expensive :c and you had to put a $100 deposit. lamelamelame

Anyway the red line is the track Joy, Zack and I took because it was more interesting. Everyone else walked along Defence Road (blue line) or rode their bikes. We ran or attempted to run the whole way back along Defence road. It was good fun, and my foot has recovered enough for me to run the distance :D!
 >.>" it's just that now my fitness needs to catch up...



Anyway we took the Coles track and then went along this other winding track. It's closer to the beach so there were some pretty nice views of the sea. 




This place used to be a military area, so there are old forts and hiding places along the track.
It was actually really fun to explore :P 




This photo was taken along Defence road as we got closer to Fort Pearce.
I spent most of the day with these two who have lots of energy to spare :) 



Fort Nepean is right at the end and it is the biggest military fort in the park with tunnels that go underground. I was crapping myself a bit because I don't like dark places, but Joy dared to go down the ladders and into the dark rooms.
Some rooms have stuff to look at. When I read that poster I thought it was 5000 more men instead of 50,000. I need new glasses soon...





You can't go near the shore at Fort Nepean because apparently there are still uncovered bombs around. 



Majority of kids in my church are boys right now. They are a;; sitting on a canon.
An age progression of boys to men lol~ 


I was tired and hungry after the run back and because I didn't stretch properly at the start my legs were aching. I couldn't sit still at YF properly because I had to keep massaging my quads :c
I thank God that he has restored my ankle and foot so that I can run and walk properly again. It was a really great outing :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.