First up here is a photo of Sootie and my atrocious hair :) Sootie had an intense battle with another cat, hence the scar under his right eye.
I've been waiting for an opportunity to bake 3D inside heart cupcakes from howtocookthat.net. They are so adorable and pretty simple to make. I didn't follow the recipe from the site because Esther's friend tried it and said it was tasteless.
I organised this day for the YF girls to come and bake during the holidays. But only Esther and Joy could make it. We had lots of fun though :) I bought a packet of Betty Crockers cupcake mix. I actually don't recommend this one because it's quite sweet. I prefer Greens packet mix.
I insisted we cook at my house because last time I baked at Esther's she had no electric beater. This girl hand beats all her cakes and egg whites, what a champ.
The first step to making these cupcakes is to bake 2 cupcakes and add food dye to them.
Then you can fill half of the cases with plain cupcake mixture and bake it for about 5-7 mins.
Then take out the cupcakes from the oven and add a heart in each cup. Cover the rest of the cupcakes with the plain mixture and put it back in the oven for another 5-7 mins.
These photos are from Joy's camera, and she took sooo many photos of Sootie.
Mum made pasta carbonara for lunchies. One of my favourites~
The green one was the most successful and that was the last one I did with extra mixture. I think the next batch I try will be better because this first attempt was an experiment.
I brought the rest to church that night. The bible study topic was how to keep a strong marriage, so I thought heart cupcakes were quite fitting. I gave a cupcake to a toddler, and when I opened it to show her the heart, her eyes twinkled. Her smile was so cute!
Extra:
Joy tempting Sootie. He is attracted to the smell of butter.
Piping woes
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.