Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Traralgon week 4 & 5

Week 4

Monday was Labour day so I had a day off work and invited whoever was free over for a Mexican lunch. 
Sari the japanese exchange student from 3 years ago was in Melbourne, so Joey brought her along.
It was great catching up with everyone, Wilson and Caf shared stories from their Bali trip.
I cooked all morning because I wanted to make some snacks for the week. I made tacos for everyone :D

These are my spinach and bacon muffins :) Freshly baked muffins are the best!




And I made Betty Crocker Triple choc muffins. Sari was amazed, but I felt bad because they were only packet muffins. My laziness should not be complimented.  




This week I started my CT training in a small clinic and I found this super awesome cafe called The Red Book shop opposite work. I love it so much, the ambience created by the messy bookshelves, low lights and good soft chill music in the background was so inviting. The moment I opened the door a strong coffee smell hit me and I felt so relaxed.

The first time I went it was raining and gloomy in the morning. The bus comes every hour so I had 40 mins to kill before work, so this was the perfect place to read a book and enjoy a strong coffee. It has become one of my favourite places. If only it wasn't in Traralgon.
 

Because the bus timetable was so crap I decided to walk to and from the clinic which took me about 40mins each way. I met a lovely lady one morning who was walking her three dogs. I got to play with them and I had a friendly chat with the lady for a couple of hundred meters. It was great fun :) 

I also got two new housemates which are studying nutrition. I asked so many food questions and had fun bonding with them over the telly :P
I watched The Secret World of Arietty which I really enjoyed! 




Can you see Arietty in the picture below? I liked the ending, it was realistic but I can't help but wish for a greater love line :P But regardless I loved the animation. The world of Arietty was so beautiful and cute, I loved all the details in her house. Having stamps as art pieces for her walls is geniusss. 



Week 5
I unexpectantly met the intern at Dandenong station, so we took the vline together. I was sitting behind these bunch of old ladies who were having a huge gossip and laugh. I swear they were worse than teenagers with the level of noise they were making. They were literally like screaming with laughter at one point. I was trying to do work so I turned up my music really loud to block them out. 

In the last week John and I decided to explore the town a bit after work and our housemates came too. We found this awesome park which had four different playgrounds and a train ride (but was only available on Sunday). I was so excited but my housemates just like walked past or watched while I tried the equipment. These are the times were I miss the Mount group, because I know some of them would get childishly excited like me.


There was a river close by, but nothing very impressive. John was grossed out by the poop on the railings. 




On Thurs John's car battery went flat because one of his car doors was open. We had to go to work first, so in the afternoon we fixed it. It's at times like this that I thank God I live in an age with Google hahaha. 





The cord didn't even reach the first time hahaha




We all learnt a life skill that day.

This was the last sunrise I saw in Traralgon. The sky is so beautiful in the country. You really feel the vastness of God's creation because there are no buildings blocking the view or light pollution hiding the stars. 



On the way home I got picked up at John's house and played with his cute dog. She's so smart


I really enjoyed my rural placement. Living with housemates was really awesome and I enjoyed the quiet life. Though it's great to be back home to Mum's home cooking and internet access. I got really awesome feedback from my tutor and I've developed so much from the experiences. I'm glad I went to rural in third year because I was given the opportunity to do so much more by myself. CT scanning was great too and I liked the staff because everyone was so friendly~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.