Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Traralgon week 1

Before placements I was at uni for this 2 week crash course in CT.
We had to go to Austin Health on Friday to "tour" the CT area and listen to some lectures.
It was a complete waste of time, but I like the Austin's practice. They really stick to the ALARA principles.
Nadia and I snuck out 1 hour early because we were super bored. 


We hung around the city for a while till I had to make it back for YF.


John and I are placed at Traralgon this semester for clinicals. He drove us there and this is his cute doggy. 



Morwell's mines have been burning throughout the week so along the way there was heaps of smoke and burnt bush. 



Traralgon's weather was pretty wild.  It was pretty warm at the start of the week and then it suddenly cooled down and got super gusty and stormy. I thought the rain would ease the fires but there was still smoke every day. 

My din dins on the first night haha. I brought a rice cooker because I go crazy if I don't eat rice at least once a week. 


When John and I moved in, there was already somebody staying. The three of us instantly clicked and I've had sooo much fun living together. The only downside was that my housemate was a midwifery nursing student, so she had to do shift work and she's leaving this week :c.

Traralgon's got it's own channels with weird commercials and local news. 




My humble abode for the next 4 weeks. Outside my window is a whole lot of cobwebs. On the first 2 days I killed two spiders. 



Driving to work on the first day is both exciting/nerve wrecking because we don't know what to expect. But so far it's been really great, super nice workers and great free cakes because one of the radiographers loves to bake. Please excuse my beauty.  




One night I was helping my housemate learn fetal positions in the womb. Radiography is all about positioning people, so we know our anatomy and descriptions of positioning well. So I helped her out and learnt some awesome stuff. In year 12 I was seriously thinking of becoming a midwife, so I was really interested in studying with her. It was hilarious as we tried to use the bowl as the baby's head, but eventually we switched to my sheep plush. I always go to sleep holding onto something, so of course I packed my sheep to Traralgon. I've had it since primary school :P  


The bowl was originally the baby's head, but then my housemate stuck paper as the arms and legs. She kind of confused herself because arms and legs don't come straight out of people's heads haha. 




Despite the smokey weather, there was a really beautiful morning on Thurs. 



Everyday we rested and ate dinner in front of the TV.
This week we watched:
- Frozen
- 127 Hours
- 2 episodes of Sherlock
- The Amazing Spiderman



And today I went to a wedding in Canterbury Presbyterian church. It's a really beautiful church inside, even though it doesn't look that special on the outside. I had to help out with setting up the food and drinks. It was fun :)

 I really liked the decorations. It's similar to what I would do for like a party :) The low ribbons makes the setting feel more intimate.


Looks like there will be many happy days ahead for this couple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.