April has been a busy month! I'm on placements again which is great.
It took me a while to adjust to this new place, but the people are very friendly and nice. I got to experience theater as well, which is pretty damn exciting to me. Watching the surgeons screw and hammer bones together was really interesting.
On my first day up in theater, one of the theater techs called me Agnes from Despicable Me because of my fringe. Now every time I go to theater, he just calls out "hey despicable me!" I feel bad because I don't even know his name... I asked his name but he said to ask my supervisor..and she forgot. Fail.
Anyway, Jia Hui and Joseph visited Melbourne to celebrate their engagement. They joined us for our YF cottage meeting. We had a bake off and I organised some more crafts for our pinboard.

It took me a while to adjust to this new place, but the people are very friendly and nice. I got to experience theater as well, which is pretty damn exciting to me. Watching the surgeons screw and hammer bones together was really interesting.
On my first day up in theater, one of the theater techs called me Agnes from Despicable Me because of my fringe. Now every time I go to theater, he just calls out "hey despicable me!" I feel bad because I don't even know his name... I asked his name but he said to ask my supervisor..and she forgot. Fail.
Anyway, Jia Hui and Joseph visited Melbourne to celebrate their engagement. They joined us for our YF cottage meeting. We had a bake off and I organised some more crafts for our pinboard.
Jia and Rache's team work
It was White Wings Red Velvet versus Chocolate cake. I was on the chocolate team wooo! I know you're thinking...pfft packet cake is not a real bake off. But LOL at the guys that struggled to follow the packet instructions! Esther and Daniel decorated our chocolate cake, I like that 'YF'.

Some of our craft activities. Painting 'prayer' and 'ACTS' (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving & Supplication)
I got people to trace their hands because William taught us some tips on what to pray for using our fingers.
1.Thumb (my hand): Pray for those who are closest to you.
2. Index (Carol's hand): Pray for those who point the way - teachers
3. Middle (William's hand): Pray for those who are in authority (tallest finger) - leaders, government, parents.
4. Ring (Daniel's hand): Pray for those who are weak and sick (fourth finger is the weakest)
5. Little (Rachel's hand): Pray for yourself last.
1.Thumb (my hand): Pray for those who are closest to you.
2. Index (Carol's hand): Pray for those who point the way - teachers
3. Middle (William's hand): Pray for those who are in authority (tallest finger) - leaders, government, parents.
4. Ring (Daniel's hand): Pray for those who are weak and sick (fourth finger is the weakest)
5. Little (Rachel's hand): Pray for yourself last.
Our pinboard is growing wooo :3!
On Saturday Jia and Jo shouted the church working bee lunch and it was sooo good! They catered like porter house steaks and all these kinds of meat.
I'm still shorter than my mum. How sad.
On Saturday Jia and Jo shouted the church working bee lunch and it was sooo good! They catered like porter house steaks and all these kinds of meat.
I'm still shorter than my mum. How sad.
After working to clean up the church and feasting, we played some board games and 'Harry games' such as gargoyles and circle rules. This is a board game called Carcasonne or something.
Jia took a polaroid and gave it to me. I made them a wedding card, which turned out a lot different to what I had planned at the start. I wanted to do this fancy/cute card, but I couldn't find the right paper at Spotlight. WHY SPOTLIGHT...THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE FAILED ME.
Jia took a polaroid and gave it to me. I made them a wedding card, which turned out a lot different to what I had planned at the start. I wanted to do this fancy/cute card, but I couldn't find the right paper at Spotlight. WHY SPOTLIGHT...THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE FAILED ME.
So I just did whatever, and it turned out pretty childish and scrapbook-y.
We celebrated Wilson's birthday at his house when he came back. It was really nice, we had a roast dinner outside on his balcony. It was pretty cold, but we turned on some mellow music, lit some candles and feasted under the stars. I like meeting up with the whole group every few months. The roast was cooked by Caf, Wilson, Joey and Damo. They did a fantastic job, the food was beautiful. When we finished cleaning up we played games in front of Wilson's fireplace.
I can't get Heiman's "Calling the president" using the word 'boogie' out of my head.
"Boogie boogie, boogie boogie, booggiiieeee"
My throat hurt the next day because of all the laughing :P
There is a stupid but hilarious gif on Caf's blog here



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.