Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 19 October 2012

Simple quills

I finished exams today!
I have 2 days of freedom and then placement starts.

I recently made some cards for my friends in year 12.
I kept it simple because..NO TIME.


I just realised the penguin's head is not attached to the body.
Nooooooo! 



Mei is pretty quirky, so I had no idea what to do.
In the end I randomly chose a penguin. 



More girly, girly for Kim. 



And quaver notes for Kan because he is the music man.
I asked my mum to write the names again.
I should really practice handwriting.
She likes to make things fancy pancy (eg. Kim's name) but I asked her to make it bold and simple for Kan. Then I realised it looked kind of boring. But OH WELL. 





I think I'm really getting into quilling. But I'm not sure if I'm improving...I still get glue EVERYWHERE.
I decided to do these cards quite a while ago, but I got lazy and left it on my desk for like 2 months.
But after a listening to a Friday night message at youth on the topic of Barnabas, I really wanted to finish what I started.

Barnabas was a missionary that accompanied Paul.
His name means The son of consolation (comfort/encouragement) and he was a generous and caring person who gave young John Mark a second chance.

In my June-July post I've mentioned that I've always been well looked after by my Jei-jei's (so asian, I know). They've returned to their home countries now, but even though they're gone, I still remember their love and care.
 I'm following their example now and supporting my friends.

And it's not for my own satisfaction (though it's fun to quill) of receiving thanks,
but for the glory of God. I'm laying up my treasures in heaven.

"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35b

and

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons." Colossians 3:23-25

1 comment:

  1. LOL IT'S JIE-JIE, JUB-JUB! ahaha LOL for a second there, you made me doubt my own ability to speak asian. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.