Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Pudding warmth



It's so cold in Melbourne right now >.<
I HATE THE COLD. But it's the perfect weather to try out this Chocolate pear pudding recipe.
I made tiramisu during Easter but other than that, I haven't been baking much.

This is my first attempt at making pudding.
I'm used to making cheesecakes, which is actually quite simple. Chuck everything into one bowl and mix! However this pudding required peeling, chopping, puree-ing, boiling BLAH-DI-BLAH... so being out of the kitchen for a few months, it took me a while to put together.
It was really fun :]
Cooking therapy ftw!

Butter, brown sugar and dark chocolate ready to become gooey chocolate 

Tip: Whenever a recipe requires chocolate, don't buy the normal chocolate blocks. It's much easier to buy chocolate melts. You'll never go wrong (unless you burn it...)




Observe my crappy peeling skills. I asked mum for a quick demonstration on how to core pears efficiently. She was enjoying The Voice, so I ended up hacking the pears to death.


I have a low tolerance to chocolate, so after half a bowl my head was already in the sugary clouds.
It wasn't too sweet which was nice, it was just chocolatety...(why does that word look so weird...)
The pears made the pudding really moist, so it was a success!

Last step: Drizzle some chocolate sauce.




Indulging in a bowl of moist chocolate pudding on a cold winter autumn  night. 

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.