Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Monday, 20 February 2012

Rye week

WOOOO, I just got home from a week away at Rye with my school mates. Best summer holidays ever :D

I literally went to the beach everyday, visiting Rye, Sorrento and Port sea in the morning, afternoon and night.
The beaches were beautiful, I love Australia and my mates.

Rye beach glistens! It's so lovely, calm and clear. I felt like I was floating in a large warm bath tub in the afternoon. There's so much to write about, that I actually wrote myself a mini diary throughout the week.


We played many board games, because there was no internet...that was the one
negative of the week. Oh well, I hardly pass up the chance to play a board game anyway.
We played Bang! many times on the Day 1. Everyone settled in with a BBQ feast for dinner on the backyard deck.



Edward's quote of the day: "I'm gonna bang you all"

Fun facts: I can still ride a bike that's for like 6 year old kids...WOO! I also slightly twisted my ankle by
chasing Homan at the beach.  

Day 2: Bright and early morning start at the beach.   

 

Day 3: We took a bus to Sorrento~ It's a really lovely town with delicious gourmet ice cream and a mysterious antique shop. I walked into the shop, climbed up the stairs and saw piles of dusty antique books. I felt like some sort of Jumanji-like scene was going to happen.
 (Jumanji -> the classic movie with the magical board game) 

The pier was a really nice
and chill place to absorb the sun
and relax.




The scenery of the blue sky and glittery  ocean was so calming. 



That night we played with sparklers/ sparkle bombs on the beach.



Thank fish that there are self serve machines at Woolworths.



Fun Facts: I found a flower bud and named it Kermit coz it was green and furry.
Also, whilst we were stargazing on the beach, Joey and I found a dinosaur in the sky and named it Caf. 

Day 4: We went to Portsea. We explored the rock pools and drifted in the waves.
Portsea water is also heck salty, so I stayed out of the water and built a sand sculpture. 



We built a battle turtle and named it Jo.
Whilst building, I sung a song about him.

Battle Jo, Battle Jo, does what ever a battle Jo does.
Can he swim, to the shore? No he can't, he's just sand.
Look oouuuuttt, here comes a battle Jo,
whenever you feel slow,
Here come a BATTLE JOOO~!!!

My song wasn't really that creative on the beach, but I shall sing these words whenever I remember him from now onwards. 


Port sea was nice, but some of us ended up going back to Sorrento to chill.

This is a cool octopus and hermit crab chair thing that we had to sit on. 



Fun facts: We bought out the canteen food at Portsea and were still hungry.
And wars start when you steal somebody's pork crackling at the dinner table.

Day 5: I stayed home with some people while the others went out to Frankston to play. I played with Choo and Heiman on the beach and went shopping for groceries.
My group was in charge of dinner for the night, and we made Mexican. Nachos, burritos, potato salad and nectarine pastries were on the menu. Throughout the week, we rotated 3 groups to cook a certain theme for each night. We always ate around the table like a family, it was so cosy :]



This was vietnamese night. Joey's group made viet rice paper rolls.

Fun fact: My friend couldn't stop laughing when I randomly called her in the middle of the day to ask how to make potato salad.

Day 6: We went to see the sand sculptures at Frankston. The theme was Toytopia and it was seriously awesome! It was pretty empty, so we sculpted our own stuff in the tent and made colourful sand bottles. 



Man I look like a fob tourist.

Eddy and I made "Mac the shark". I kept on giving stuff weird names this week...Mac. Meet Mac the shark. 





This is my sand bottle. IT GOT RUINED ON THE WAY HOME IN MY LUGGAGE.
I had a big sook, but it shall remain perfectly persevered in this photo. 



Fun fact: I'm a champion at the card game Spit. Come at me Wilson!

Day 7: Most of us went to Rye again for the last time. We found a big starfish. :]




I found this pipi with some weird things stuck to it. It looks like eyes, and I'm pretty sure Eddy named it something. But I can't remember it's name anymore. 

Anyway, I just killed this post with lots and lots of photos which aren't even mine. Thanks Eddy + Caf.
I'm so tired and my sleeping patterns are screwed. O-week starts tomorrow, yay. 

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.