I love tea and coffee. But supposedly coffee stunts your growth, but who cares, it’s not like I’m going to grow anymore. *しくしくしく*
Anyway I went to the winter church camp, but this year I didn’t stay overnight. And so I missed most of the messages by Pastor Paauwe T^T.
I had to pay $11 for tea and coffee…so I was wtb...so expensive. So I thought I better make full use of it…by drinking every type of tea there was.
I tried all these flavours of Lipton tea: Darjeeling, green tea and jasmine, lemon, peppermint and chamomile.
Peppermint and green the and jasmine were the best!
Anyway teapots are awesome and cute. And the teapot song perfectly describes me.
“I’m a little teapot, short and stout”
| Ohh..so modern |
| I flipped out when I saw this. It's a PIANO! |
On Sunday, Pastor Paauwe preached on John 3:16 – The love of God.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave us his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16
I was amazed at how much he could expound from this famous verse. Here are the main points:
1. The love of God is universal – “For God so loved the world”
2. The love of God is sacrificial – “he gave”
3. The love of God is valuable – “he gave his only begotten”
4. The love of God is personable – “only begotten Son”
5. The love of God is accessible – “that whosoever believeth in Him”
6. The love of God is non-judgemental – “should not perish”
He did not come down to condemn us of our hopelessness, but to show his love so that we may draw nearer to Him. Not to rebuke, but to save.
This point doesn’t mean God is not just, Jesus is the judge to the unrepentant sinner.
7. The love of God is beneficial – “should not perish, but have everlasting life”
I kind of feel that today people show little reverence to God. Some preachers only focus on the love of God and turn a blind eye to his wrath. Yes, Jesus is your friend, but he is your Saviour and Lord too. When I went to one of the modern churches, the leader joked so carelessly when praying that I had to stop and just watch him. I felt like he held such little true respect to the God who made the universe.
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding” Proverbs 9:10
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.