Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Shhh.

Ephesians 4:26: Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

This verse was PARTICULARLY hard to obey last night.

Context:
I had had enough of exams and practice exam papers on a freezing Melbourne winter day.
So, I settled into my warm, comfy bed at 10:30pm, an early night because pms is a life sucking time of the month and I felt drained.

10:30pm
Drifting happily into sleep

10:45pm
Laughing drunk Indians from next door wakes me up,
but meh, I ignore it and drift back to sleep.

Thinks...'they'll shut up soon, it's still early'

Repeat this cycle about 4-5 times.
Every time I wake up, my anger and patience gets closer to breaking point.
Plus pms is probably adding to the rage.

11:30pm
Violent thoughts appear and trying to resist the urge to
slam my window open and yell shut up and other insults.

12.00am
Send a super rage text to my friend.

12:30am

Crack the shits about the noise at my mum, who to my surprise was also raging.
We open the door and walk over, but lose confidence as they suddenly all went back inside.

It quietens down, so I go back to bed

12:45am
They come back out, and start laughing again so
Mum goes out to crack the shits at them:

Lots laughter and chatter.
Hears my front door quietly open (mum got smarter).
Mum says something like:
"BE QUIET, I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW YOU KNOW?"
Murmurs - sorry sorry sorry
"MY DAUGHTER IS IN VCE, SHE HAS EXAMS TOMORROW MORNING"
murmurs - sorry sorry sorry
Silence.
Hears my front door close.

PEACE AND QUIET

I have a supermum. :D
Don't anger the old asian lady, let her sleep or she'll bite your head off.
She didn't actually yell, but for the purpose of the story, typing in caps lock is more fun.
Though, I imagine her words were full of anger only an angry old Asian lady can muster.

I do not believe in superstition/coincidences in life,
so I just laughed at this but,
this morning I woke up and opened a fortune cookie and the message was:

Your everlasting patience will be rewarded sooner or later.

How ironic.

3 comments:

  1. AHHAHAHHAHAH gotta love your mum Judie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO! woah Aunty is so cool,
    Thank gosh i dont have noisy neighbours,
    I think we're the noisy ones =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL go auntie!!
    I wish my mum was like that...
    Too bad she's the noisy one...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.