Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

June-July update


I've been on placement for the last 3 weeks.
It was really great, I got to meet so many different staff and patients.
Including somebody who I believe to be a WWII Jew from the concentration camps.
I didn't ask but I saw the tattooed number on the arm. I was awestruck!

I was really glad I got a small hospital for my first placements!
The staff were so friendly and funny, I felt sad leaving them :c
I felt like I've really grown (no, not in height) during placement.
My confidence in communicating with people has grown as well as my skills as a radiographer.
I actually really like talking to the elderly patients. Majority of them are really nice and have
great stories to tell. Though of course there are a few 'vegetables' and grumpy/depressed patients. Their stories and experiences is what I remember most from placement.
It was a fantastic!!

But I still like holidays more :P
I'm so relieved because I had this big book of uni assessments to fill out during placement *FKSDJFKLJS*

Anyway, everyday I walked from the tram to the hospital.
The gates have this weird spikey things which I thought was cute.
It looks like a :O face!



I worked from 9-5pm.
It was freezing every morning and evening.
I remember in my third week, the train was so stuffy on the way home
 that this passenger stepped out of the train to wipe dripping sweat from his face
and clean his fogged up glasses.
Except for almost drowning, I've never felt so deprived of oxygen. It was horrible.

But on the up side, I saw a lot of pretty sunsets at the station.



My school shoes came in handy again.
The first day of placement was the worst for my feet.
Standing all day was tiring, I felt like a noob.



This week I'm on holidays, and I went to Mt Buller for the first time.
The weather was crazy!!
I swear we were in a freakin blizzard, because the moment we walked out of the building,
the visibility was so low. It was just a wall white in every direction with whipping wind and rain.
:c It wasn't the best, but still a fun experience with my mates.
Everyone tried to tough it out on the slopes, but eventually we all gave up and
returned to the building so we could feel our fingers and toes again.



My new beanie


Today I went to Caribbean Market again with mum.
We were just browsing around. There were HEAPS of kids everywhere.
We got poffertjes and some honey roasted chestnuts. 




They were so goood~



Mum wanted to get these chestnuts because it reminded her of Malaysia.
They were nice, but when you peel them your fingers turn black. 


And my new bracelets:


I really like these type of hand-weaved? bracelets.


 The red/orange/red one is made by Joey,
she's really good at manipulating threads.
The green/brown one is from Mall :D
And the bottom one is from Caribbean Market. 


 I also got some new studs and a phone this month.

Finally, I just want to post this encouragement I got from somebody who I won't be seeing often any more.

"But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." 2 Timothy 4:5.

I promise I will!
I've been so blessed to have people looking out for me, now I feel like it's my turn to look after others.
I hope I can follow the example of my seniors and encourage others in the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.